As a Data Center Technician, you will be responsible for performing various tasks, including hardware setup, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and decommissioning. You will follow standard procedures and protocols to ensure the smooth functioning of data center operations. Additionally, you will contribute to documentation efforts, share knowledge, and actively participate in team meetings and briefings. Your ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in... Visa mer
As a Data Center Technician, you will be responsible for performing various tasks, including hardware setup, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and decommissioning. You will follow standard procedures and protocols to ensure the smooth functioning of data center operations. Additionally, you will contribute to documentation efforts, share knowledge, and actively participate in team meetings and briefings. Your ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment will be instrumental in meeting or exceeding established service level agreements (SLAs).
Employment duration: 12+ month
Location: Gavle, Sweden (Gävle, Sverige).
Working model: on site.
Employment: Permanent or Freelance Contract
- Prepare, stage, set up, and perform data center hardware startups and shutdowns following specific instructions provided via checklists, guides, protocols, and emails.
- Assist and provide guidance to other technicians in completing challenging or complex tasks.
- Conduct diagnostics and troubleshooting, swiftly identifying the root causes of issues and replacing faulty components with minimal customer and business disruption.
- Perform post-execution quality checks, ensuring proper grounding, staging, labeling, and cabling according to safety protocols, deployment standards, and planned Network Design Tasks (NDTs).
- Decommission hardware for simple changes and refreshes, following standard procedures with minimal guidance.
- Follow procedures to communicate, report, and escalate incidents to appropriate management.
- Participate in daily safety briefings, complete required safety training, and adhere to safety procedures.
- Foster a positive and effective team environment by sharing information, contributing to team meetings, and staying informed about the progress of others' work.
- Proactively share relevant information to enable efficient workflow and mitigate the impact of changes on others.
- Efficiently complete assigned tickets and tasks, meeting or exceeding established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership of data center facilities, ensuring service quality and a positive user experience.
- Develop a strong client focus and understand the impact of your work when completing tickets and assigned tasks.
- Possess exceptional knowledge of server hardware, including a deep understanding of component and system failures.
- Ability to assist in conducting failure analysis on field issues.
- Ability to assist in tracking server fleet health, investigating emerging failure trends, and validating adherence to customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Solid experience in utilizing IPMI for diagnostics and administering software tools.
- Proficiency in real-time issue resolution during new deployments.
- Experienced in Windows Server OS and WinPE OS administration.
- Familiarity with Linux PXE services is a plus.
- Basic scripting experience in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues at Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3.
- Proficiency in setting up virtual machines and configuring environments.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a local or geographically dispersed team environment.
- 2+ years of experience as a data center technician, demonstrating a strong foundation in data center operations.
- Associate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or equivalent experience preferred.
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent experience.
- CCENT or equivalent experience.
- Windows OS experience.
- CCNA certification is preferred.
- MCP/MSCE certification is preferred.
- Scripting experience preferred, specifically in PowerShell, Python, or Bash.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds when necessary.
- Proficiency in safely climbing ladders and correctly wearing personal protective gear.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility for extended periods without loss of productivity.
- Dexterity to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls and perform repetitive movements without reduction in productivity.
- Personal care benefit* (up to 5000 SEK per year)
- Transportation Card Subscription
- General Pension Visa mindre